Matthew C. Janes
President and founder of Resonance Technology International Inc.
- Association of Professional Engineers: Province of Ontario & Province of British Columbia
- 2003 - present President, Resonance Technology International Inc., BC Manufacturer if innovative foundation construction and geotechnical equipment specializing in high frequency and resonant drives for drilling and driving of foundation piles.
- 1993 - 2005 Senior Engineer & Design Consultant, Isherwood Associates and Berminghammer Corporation Ltd., Canada
Senior geotechnical and structural engineer, responsible for design and project management of deep foundations, shoring, tunnelling, underpinning and seismic retrofit programs. Conception and administration of research and product development opportunities, land development proposals and new business initiatives. Initiate, research and develop prospectus including scope, operations, financial analysis and risk assessment. Senior design engineer, product manager and director of research for Canadian construction equipment manufacturer. Responsible for product development, international marketing, sales and technology transfer for construction and testing equipment. Develop, manage and market new products, research strategies, programs and alliances, write grant and patent applications and theoretical papers.
- 1992 - 1993 Delta Catalytic Constructors Ltd., North Vancouver, B.C. (Now Van Pile)
Project management and engineering for bridge, marine, commercial and industrial structures up to project values of $ 8 million. Construction management of concrete and steel structures, bridges, concrete slip forming (on shore and off shore), dredging, pipelines, outfalls and reinforced earth structures. Product and market development of new foundation construction techniques and marine contaminated dredgeate treatment programs.
- 1987 - 1991 Berminghammer Corporation Ltd., Bermingham Construction Ltd. Hamilton, Ontario
Product development, research, product management and marketing of foundation construction and testing equipment. Invention of Statnamic load testing technology. Development of mechanical, electronic and software systems, international sales and marketing programs, research proposals, grant procurement and writing theoretical papers. Geotechnical and structural engineering, design and project management of deep foundations and foundation installation systems. Project manager for marine, commercial and industrial construction of bridge foundations, shoring systems and underpinning.
- 1987 Deep Foundation Contractors Ltd., Toronto, Ontario
Development of foundation construction equipment and techniques. Geotechnical engineering, design and project management of deep foundation systems. Introduction of dynamic analysis of foundations and foundation testing systems including stress wave analysis to the Canadian market.
- 1985 J.W.Stang Hydronics Ltd., Toronto, Ontario
Engineering and project management of ground water control systems including well points, deep wells, eductors, contaminant leachate control, curtain walls, and hydro monitors.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Simon Fraser University, Harbour Centre. 2004.
- CFA Program, Association of Investment Management Research (AIMR) Completed year 1 of a 3 year program concentrating on finance and market analysis. - 2001
- M.E.SC., Geotechnical /Structural Engineering, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario - 1991 (Advisor: Milos Novak, Thesis: Single pile and pile group behaviour under large lateral loads causing plastic behaviour. Course Work: Dynamics of foundations, structures and soils, numerical analysis, environmental engineering, foundation-structure interaction, soil and rock mechanics and geophysics.)
- B.E.SC., Civil Engineering, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario - 1984. Civil Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York - 1981
- Janes, M., Clarke, J., "Reclamation and Protection of Contaminated Utility Corridors", Public Works Association of B.C. Symposium, Ft St John, BC, 2002.
- Janes, M., Domitric, C.,: "Instrumentation and performance of tied-back shotcrete shoring in sand adjacent to a hospital structure", 16th Annual Vancouver Geotechnical Symp, Vancouver, BC, 2002
- Janes, M., Clarke, J., Driedger, J., Newton, D. and Warren, R.:"Reclamation of a Contaminated Utility Corridor", 15th Annual Vancouver Geotechnical Symposium, Vancouver, BC, 2001
- Janes, M.: "Statnamic Load Testing Using a Submerged Reaction Mass", 2nd International Symposium on Statnamic Load Testing, Tokyo, Japan, 1998.
- Janes, M.: "Statnamic Load Testing of Strain Instrumented Large Diameter Bored Shafts", 1st International Symposium on Statnamic Load Testing, Vancouver, Canada, 1995.
- Janes, M., Bermingham, P., White, J.: "Work, Velocity, and the Relationship of Shaft Stiffness in Statnamic Load Testing" , 1st International Symposium on Statnamic Load Testing, Vancouver, 1995.
- Janes, M.: "Statnamic Load Testing on Bridge Pier Foundations in North America", Symposium on Eng. Geology and Geotechnical Eng., Logan, Utah, May, 1995.
- Janes, M., Sy, A., Campanella, R.G.: "A Comparison of Statnamic and Static Load Tests on Pipe Piles in the Fraser Delta", Vancouver Geotechnical Society Symp. on Deep Foundations, May, 1994.
- Janes, M., Bermingham, P., Horvath, R.: "Pile Load Test Results Using the Statnamic Method", Proceeding 3rd DFI International Conference on Piles, Stresa, Italy, 1991.
- Janes, M., Bermingham, P., Horvath, R.: "An Innovative Dynamic Test Method for Piles", Proceeding 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics, St. Louis, Mo., 1991.
- Horvath, R., Bermingham, P., Janes, M.: "Statnamic Load Testing, An Innovative Method for Predicting Capacity of Deep Foundations", Proceeding Canadian Geotechnical Society Annual Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, 1990.
- Janes, M., Novak, M.: "Pile Group Response to Large Lateral Loads", Proceeding Canadian Geotechnical Society Annual Conference, Winnipeg, Manitoba, 1989.
- Novak, M., Janes, M.: "Dynamic and Static Response of Pile Groups", Proceeding International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1989.
- Bermingham, P., Janes, M.: "An Innovative Approach to Load Testing of High Capacity Piles", International Conference on Piling and Deep Foundations, London, England, 1989.
- Janes, M., Starke, W.: "Accuracy and Reliability of Integrity Testing", 3rd International Conference on Application of Stress Wave Theory on Piles, Ottawa, Ontario, 1988.